Bailout Brothers Spring Fling at the Cove

planning

Come join the Bailout Brothers at the Cove for their Spring Fling June 21-23. If you’re too cool for Moab, or simply have nothing to prove c’mon out to Winchester for a great weekend of East Coast non-marshmallow rock wheeling.

1. Paul (Digger)
  2. Julio (Jeepride)
  3. TJ (x7tristan)
  4. Burnzy ???
  5. Frank ???
0 Likes

So did you guys go yesterday? I’m still pulling mud out of my Jeep from going to Chaos a couple weeks ago…

0 Likes

The Cove is in two weeks. As of now, neither one of us had backed out. :upside_down_face:

0 Likes

Are there actually three separate fees (land use, event and PayPal)?

0 Likes

There is the land use/event fee of $50 plus the campground cost.

0 Likes

I’m interested in this but. Is this something you can just come up on Saturday morning? Does registration fill up?

0 Likes

It’s one of their bigger events, I would recommend registering online before you go just to be sure.

0 Likes

@Digger @Jeepride, have you guys already signed up and gotten a campsite? Do I have to call the campground to get a site?

Thinking my wife and I will drive down Saturday, wheel, camp the night and leave in the morning.

0 Likes

I have not reserved a camp site. I’m towing so we will probably be at campground 5 or 6 which is wide open spaces. You are more than welcome to pitch a tent somewhere around us.
You can look at the Cove’s map at: http://www.covecampground.com/map.htm
I’m planning to drive out there on Thursday afternoon to camp 3 nights. Wheeling on Friday and Saturday and home on Sunday morning.

0 Likes

Ok I registered with BigDogs. I called the cove and they said I won’t need reservations if we’re going to do campground 6.

0 Likes

Just got the BigDogs registration confirmation and in it, it mentions that “Camp 6 is where the younger, louder patrons camp”. Is that where we’re trying to setup?

My wife and I are thinking of heading to the Cove Friday evening and camping friday and saturday now.

0 Likes

Campground 6 is the only place i have stayed when towing. I have heard 5 is good, but I can’t remember how easy it is to maneuver a trainer. I will call the Cove today and ask them.
BTW, the time I stayed at 6 was not as bad has I had heard.
Paul you have any information on 5?

0 Likes

Never stayed at 5. Always up in Camp 3 at site 61. It’s a huge space and have fit my camper in there as well as Bill, Craig, and Chad all with their trailers. Think 61b is the best.

0 Likes

I remember the road to get to 61 was pretty bad if you are trailering.

0 Likes

I just worry about how soggy it gets a 5. Don’t want to sink the camper. Site 6 works, think things are not as rowdy as they got a few years back.

0 Likes

Ok just spoke with The Cove. 61, 61A and 61B are all taken. I booked lot 5 in campground 5. The guy said that it is the biggest and will accommodate my truckcamper/trailer, Pauls pop-up and a couple of tents.He said they recently graded and added gravel to roads and campsites.
If it does not work out, we can always move to campground 6. He said the same it is not as rowdy as it used to be a few years back. As far as my arrival, I will either go Thursday afternoon or early Friday morning. The guy said he will be in the office around 6:30-7:00 am on Friday to check in.
Lets go wheeling!

0 Likes

Sounds good! Will roll early Friday morning. no need to go set up in the storms they are forecasting on Thursday.

0 Likes

That is what I’m thinking too.

0 Likes

TJ we will hold a tent spot for you for Saturday.

Burnzy, you going?

0 Likes

awesome, thanks @Jeepride! See you all Friday evening

0 Likes