Misplaced Yota

Hello!!

My name is Jason. I heard about the club this weekend after saving a club member’s camper from flooding the entire campground. :wink:
I have been wheeling since 2004 and been an active member in multiple North Carolina clubs. I wheel what used to be 85 Toyota. Not much is left of the original 85 though. From scanning the post on the forum it looks like you all need some Yoda diversity. I look forward to meeting everyone and hitting some trails with you all.

0 Likes

Yes, we need non-jeeps! Welcome to the forum.

0 Likes

Welcome, Jason! Yep that was me flooding the campground. Looking forward to wheeling with you soon! We Definately need some rig diversity for sure!

Bill

0 Likes

Welcome Jason!

0 Likes

Welcome Jason!

0 Likes

Welcome Jason! Glad to have a built yota here -looks fun.

0 Likes

Welcome Jason!

0 Likes

Welcome Man!

0 Likes

Welcome Jason nice rig

0 Likes

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I was ready for some Toyota hate mail.

0 Likes

I was troubleshooting a wheel hop when my passenger tire was under a load. I thought it was a blown hub but to my surprise it wasn’t. My locker was failing. When I pulled my 3rd out yesterday I found some damaged teeth. I fished some pretty big chicks out of the axle housing as well. I can’t image what the inside of the locker looks like.

0 Likes

Dang, that’s not good. Still coming to the Cove? Are you doing your gears (and maybe new locker) yourself?

0 Likes

I had a spare third that I popped in. I will have to order a new ring and pinion to rebuild the broken one. I will do it myself. I don’t think I will install another locker though. I will just weld the spider gears since it’s off road use only. Once I am done with work today I will finish putting the front together and head to the Cove tonight.

0 Likes

All loaded up and heading to the Cove

0 Likes

All ready for the mall.

Not quite ready for the trails.

1 Like

Hey Jason, great looking CJ hahaha, welcome back, what have you been working on w the Yota? What tie rod did you upgrade to?

0 Likes

Thanks! I love my CJ! I got to get the Toyota done because I have my eye on a T5 transmission for her on Craig’s List. Would love to get rid of the T4.

I rebuild the front axle and upgraded the knuckles to six shooters with trunnion eliminators. That will add strength to the knuckles and I will not have to worry about trunnion bearings anymore. The inner and outer hub gears have been upgraded to Longfield chromoly so hopefully I can’t break them. I upgraded the steering to a Ruff Stuff kit with a 7/8 heim and 1.5" X .25" Wall DOM tubing. Should not be able to bend this one. I will post a side by side comparison picture. I also had to replace my hyd assistant ram because it was destroyed with the tie rod gave out. Once everything is back together I am going fab up a double sheer setup for the heims. Freak is almost back together and ready for the trails.

1 Like