Moab October 2022 Planning

That is each way but I figure it will cost at least $1,400 for fuel only. I definitely plan on shipping my Jeep. We can split the cost of the rental car from the airport if others ship their rigs. Grand Junction, CO is the closest airport but it is usually more expensive than Salt Lake City (4 hour drive).

0 Likes

last time I towed a camper w JL and only spent about 900, granted gas prices are a tad higher now, the scenery and trip albeit long, were fun

0 Likes

Its 2006 miles to Moab from my house in Front Royal and I get 10-12 MPG towing my jeep and with my truck camper, which is approximately 200 gallons one way at the current US average diesel price of $3.55 is $712. Round trip should be under $1500.

0 Likes

Some may want to skip the long drive, to each his own :grinning:

0 Likes

For those of you driving and have diesels trucks, sign up for the TSD Logistics fuel card. Itā€™s a trucking company out of Texas that allows RVers to do a couple things that are helpful. You connect their fleet card to your debit or credit card and thatā€™s how it charges you. Itā€™s awesome if towing for these reasons:

1. It allows you to use the truck side diesel pumps without prepaying inside.
  2. Those pumps are high volume and way faster.
  3. Will allow you to fill up all the way regardless of amount (car side caps you at certain dollar amount).
  4. Saves you up to $.40 per gallon at participating truck stops (Loves, Flying J, TA, Petro).
  5. Can get DEF on that side through pump at same time.
  6. Easier to access and park with RV/Trailers.

It wonā€™t work in small towns but for the majority of the trip on highways and truck stops it does save you money and headaches.

0 Likes

Hey Chuck,

Can you post up the transport company info when you have a chance, thank you sir.

0 Likes

I have confirmed with both carriers below that a 4 door JLU with 40ā€™s will fit on the transport.

Road Runner Auto Transport - $1,965 each way
Paul.boone@v2logistics
888-777-2133x577

Montway Auto Transport - $1,878 each way
AJ Milbrandt
Aj@montway.com
224-330-5442

0 Likes

Thanks!

0 Likes

Lots of variables between now and then, but I have it down on the family calendarā€¦
Assuming I go, I would be out there in advance for a mountain bike event that ends on the 2nd.

0 Likes

Sounds good Dave

0 Likes

Just saying fellas

0 Likes

Would have been a cooler post on 2/22 with 222 days to go. just saying

1 Like

It sucks when youā€™re 48 hours late!

0 Likes

hahahah true

0 Likes

pinned #35
0 Likes

Count me in. If I donā€™t go with yā€™all, Iā€™ll never find the time. Just told the wife Iā€™m going. Iā€™m not asking permission for this one. :joy:

2 Likes

Start booking everything now, stuff in Moab fills up fast

0 Likes

These gas prices need to drop by October

1 Like

You arenā€™t kdding

0 Likes

Just made reservations for cabin 93

1 Like