2006 Jeep LJ

2006 Jeep TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Armor: 33 Engineering TT, Kilby gas tank and steering box skids, Nates 4x4 bumpers, Rokmen sliders, Nemesis Orion corners, Skid Row Engine/Transmission/Radiator, Homebrew transmission cooler skid

Suspension: Synergy 4" coils, Fox 2.0, Currie CAs (full set), Currie Antirock (front/rear), Metal Cloak adj front/rear track bar

T-case: NP241OR w/2Low

Axles: 4:88 Yukon R&P/Chromo shafts f/r

Wheels/Tires: BattleBorn Gatekeeper 15x8 3" BS, BFG KM2 35x12.5x15

Additional items: SS brake lines, JKS BL, M.O.R.E. MML, Tom Woods F/R drive shafts, Currie Currectlync heavy duty tie rod and drag link system, Vanco 15" Big Brake Kit w/Black Magic pads, Derale Transmission Cooler, Ford Explorer fan and heavy clutch

Area BFE, Moab UT

Yankee Boy Basin in Ouray, CO
Golden Spike, Moab UT

0 Likes

Decided to finally take care of relocating the rear coil springs this winter. Decided to use the Rusty’s kit and replace both F/R trackbar with new MetalCloak units.

Before relocating bucket:

After relocating:

0 Likes

That thing is just beautiful Chad

0 Likes

Is it worth the work to relocate the spring perches? Looks like you didn’t outboard the shocks either, any clearance issues? I was thinking about doing this during my frame swap but ran out of money. Not sure I’d gain much with a lower lift.

0 Likes

Very nice! Love LJs

0 Likes

It honestly wasn’t much work to relocate the perches, just be patient when removing the old. I was honestly tired of seeing my springs bowed so badly that I went ahead did it. I may decide to go ahead and outboard the shocks this winter.

0 Likes

Thanks and I hope to meet up with you on the trails this season.

0 Likes

No significant changes lately but I did recently pick up a Waggy D44 front axle for a future swap

1 Like

Replaced the radiator and rerouted transmission cooler lines.

1 Like

A COVID project was to replace the aging and failing ORO tail lights with new Max-Bilt set and adding new Goat stickers.

0 Likes

Looking good!

0 Likes

New stable mate

0 Likes

Well, let’s see the whole thing and what are your plans for it?

0 Likes

This! No teasing!!

0 Likes

Plan is to keep this a mall crawler with a few additional components.

0 Likes

Damn, that looks good!

1 Like

Killer!

1 Like