CANCELLED--Gulches ORV Trip in SC Feb 21-23

Hey man still not sure yet waiting on a couple things to pan through on some work stuff. Should know for sure this weekend so will let you know.

0 Likes

Fine with me, you can share the double with Mike

0 Likes

I would like to be on the road by 5

0 Likes

OK TJ convinced me that we will get plenty of wheeling time on Friday afternoon as it is not supposed to get dark until 645 that night so I am in for driving halfway on Thursday night with you guys, where are we stopping?

0 Likes

The side of the road and we’re all staying in your camper

0 Likes

Roanoke

0 Likes

alright boys looks like I am a no go on this trip I am on call that weekend for work so need to be closer to home. May head up to the Cove that weekend will let you all know if anyone wants to join.

0 Likes

It looks like once in a while if the weather is super bad, the park closes. If that looks like it may happen let’s call an audible and hit the Cove with Ben.

3 Likes

Sounds good to me

2 Likes

You can remove me from the list. Got the flu and used too much leave last week to think that I could take any time off for this trip. Prolly going to hit the Cove if that trip goes off though.

0 Likes

FYI- Park is only open 3-6 on Friday.

0 Likes

Tks Paul, we are aware

0 Likes

:+1:

0 Likes

Hey Kevin, how’s it lookin for you making the trip?

0 Likes

Got a couple frame cracks that I’ll get plated this weekend. I should be good to go! Planning to get there Friday evening if my planning works out. Everybody else looking good?

1 Like

At a minimum should be TJ, Mike, and I, prob John, good luck w the welding…we will get there midday Friday and check out the park on Friday afternoon

1 Like

You all have a great trip looks like a fun place and wish I could join. Trip to the cove is still on I should be up there by noon on the 21 and planning on camping in camp 1.

0 Likes

So $50 for a weekend pass per vic, I assume that doubles for a tow rig. I have my camper shell and air bed for the truck so am fine sleeping there. Two questions for the group for planning though: 1.) how many does that cabin sleep/since there are ~5 of us, is the goal to bunk together? And(or) 2.) should we call now to reserve a camp site this week?

Gnarly-Gulches-Stuff highlight:

0 Likes

Cabin looks to sleep 3 dudes max…Tj, Mike, and John. The room has a large new double bed for two but also comes with a large sofa for one and a new folding bed for that fourth person. The one suit features a shower, toilet and sink.

I’ll be in my camper in cabin parking lot.

Cabin website says, “There is plenty of room for parking tow rigs and trailers or you can leave them at the park and drive your off road rig to the cabin if you want to save on the campsite and park there w us.

0 Likes

Also we are just wheeling friday afternoon for a few hrs and saturday. We have to head home Sunday due to work bs on Monday…

0 Likes