Dark_Horse__JKU Rig

Hey everyone. Mike Miller from Bull Run 4x4 suggested I join and I’m taking him up on that. Last year was crazy to say the least. In addition to getting married, I had a lot of work done on my rig and it continues this year.

2020 upgrades to my 2016 Wrangler Rubicon: MetalCloak 4.5" 4 link long arm suspension with db3 in the rear with Rocksport shocks; Teraflex HD ball joints; Adams Driveshafts front and rear; Yukon 4:88 gears; ECGS axle shafts; ARB diff covers; 38" Milestar Patagonia tires on Fuel Recon wheels; full MetalCloak Undercloak system and AEV rear diff skid. Phew what a year.

So far 2021: Engine swap (5.7L Hemi with AEV conversion kit) and ported PSC power steering gear box.

Future 2021: I am looking to complete the hydraulic assist set-up to include a Barnes 4x4 HD tie rod and Rancho or Reid high steer knuckles. I also like woodworking but have little money left for tools or wood - lol!

Oh one more thing. The Jeep name is a tribute to my first active duty unit Task Force 160. We were Dark Horse as all missions were at night and we carried personnel and equipment (like a horse).

Would appreciate a follow in Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dark_horse__jku/

Update 4/25/2021: Got the Barnes 4x4 HD tie rod and Teraflex high steer knuckles installed in time for Big Dogs Ice Breaker at The Cove Campgrounds. Man I had a good time out there despite losing a tire to a small tree stump. Here is a hood shot with my guide Mark DiNicolantonio in front. Believe this trail was Washout.

1 Like

Welcome to the madness Herb! Lots of good dudes here and lots of fun to be had. Can’t wait till you get the Jeep back from the Hemi-swap/install… I want to go for a ride in it!

1 Like

Welcome look forward to seeing the rig in action… BTW dont follow miller he cant drive

1 Like

You and me both!

0 Likes

Lol - shots fired.

0 Likes

Welcome! Look forward to wheeling you man!

0 Likes

Welcome Herb! Look forward to wheeling with you!

0 Likes

Welcome from Gainesville! Look forward to meeting you.

Curious, who’s doing the hemi swap?

0 Likes

Thanks. Same here. I’ll be at Big Dogs Ice Breaker at The Cove.

0 Likes

Thank you. Maybe see you at The Cove 23 APR - 25 APR.

0 Likes

Thanks for the Welcome. I’ll be at Big Dogs upcoming Ice Breaker. As for the Hemi swap, I checked with my local shop Bull Run 4x4 first. They are a growing shop and will likely be doing this in the near future but they don’t quite have the space at this time. I spoke with Jesse at Rubitrux out of Boone, NC. They have done hundreds of these and well…I was at peace with it. You can see My Instagram Account for build progress. Here is one of the pics.

0 Likes

Welcome to the shit show Herb! Looking forward to meeting you on a trail soon!
Julio

0 Likes

Thanks and likewise.

0 Likes