GraniteCreep's 2020 JLUR

Ultimate Dana 60s (5.38)
WFO Long Arms / MC Control
4.5" Lift (MC coils & Durospring Bumps)
Maxxis Razr 40x13.5s
Hutchinson Rock Monsters
Fox 2.5 (rears all around)
Genright Fenders & Liners
ExpOne Bumpers / Sliders - (with a custom-fab 8 lug mount, license / 3rd brake)
Warn 8s
MC Undercloak
Borla Climber Exhaust
Mishimoto Intercooler
Baja Designs - Squadron & OnX6
Digital Diode Chase Lights
Maximus-3 Rack
Vector Shelf
GooseGear Platform / Mounted Dometic Fridge
ARB Dual Compressor
Terra Acoustics Speakers
Genesis Dual Battery
SwitchPro 9100
GMRS & HAM 50W switchable
(HAM tech call sign: KN6RUF)

1 Like

Awesome rig JP look forward to wheeling w ya!!

0 Likes

Thanks and you too! Surrendered my CA plates for DC plates this week. Old ones were pretty gnarled from getting smashed into rocks - CA “what happened to these?” :grinning:

0 Likes

LOL. Going to Rubicon in mid July. I can’t wait!

0 Likes

Watch the snow carefully I think its still buried maybe through August. My friends out there in SJ have already given up on going again this summer. We attempted some other stuff nearby and eventually after hours of snatching, recovery, tree removal, etc hit like a 7ft wall of snow. You may be able to do half of it to Buck Island not sure. 2nd half - Cadillac hill etc- might not be an option. Bring a chainsaw too.

0 Likes

Re tree removal - like big ones multiple vehicle…

8 likes, 0 comments - @granitecreep on Instagram: "Triple threat #jeep #wrangler #winching #sierras #shaverlake #adaptandovercome"

0 Likes

The Jamboree is later in July. It looks like its still on from the website. I know some guys that help run it and do the trail prep. Maybe after that runs it might be better but idk

0 Likes

Its on my bucket list so I’m going with Jeep Jamboree, cause none of my east coast “buddies” want to drive out there. I have sent them a couple of messages but no responses! :roll_eyes:

0 Likes

Haha- I’ll go with you next year and maybe we can meet up with some folks I know around there. I did the Jamboree for my first time on it and its a really good way to learn that trail. Its also a massive party.

There are so many vehicles they’re going to do the bypass on Little Sluice and anything else that’s optional to avoid just dozens of breakdowns with all of that traffic. Last year (2nd time) I did it with 5 vehicles and made it up Little Sluice. It’s always changing. I’m sure you’ll have fun no matter what even if the snow is still blocking some stuff. They do weeks of trail maintenance before the event which could help quite a bit this season.

0 Likes

Quick pro tip. The night before the first day of the Jamboree a lot of people get hotels or camp farther away like Uncle Tom’s Cabin. The closer you are to the trailhead the next morning the better with several hundred vehicles in a big line (breakdowns, delays) and the earlier you get to Buck Island the better your chances for finding a good camp spot. Note that all of the vendors and the 4-day family event people will likely
be there camping already when you get there. I was near the front but still it was dicey finding a good spot. So the night before, about only a mile or so from the trailhead, there are some hidden camp spots if you go down some of short boat ramp trails to the right. They are awesome and not super well known and you can chill by the lake the night before and be near the front the next morning.

0 Likes

Nice Jeep! Trees. I don’t mess with trees anymore!

2 Likes

Good news is its clearing up and there’s also a heat wave on the way: https://www.facebook.com/groups/therubicontrail/posts/2100571116815195/

1 Like

Yeah, I spoke with one of the Jeep Jamboree guys and he said they are working on the trail and he is pretty sure we will make it the entire way through.

0 Likes