John's 2014 JKUR

trail

Purchased June 2014

First mods in May of 2015

• Teraflex leveling kit
  • Quadratec Q9000 winch
  • Rock Hard winch mount
  • Spidertrax 1.5" wheel adapters

Wasn’t really satisfied with the leveling kit…

August 2015 I took them out and replaced with:

• 2" JKS JSPEC springs
  • JKS Front and Rear adjustable track bars
  • Rock Krawler front LCAs

October of 2015

Set of Toyo ATII 285/75R17

DIY Stubby bumper

August - December 2016

No mods for almost a year!

Added some Ebay fenders and MORryde HD hinges, tailgate reinforcement, and tire carrier.

only pic I could find:

February 2017

Regeared to 4.88 and installed Synergy draglink and tie rod.

April - May 2017

Cooper STT pro 37x12.50

Metal Cloak exo skins

Painted bottom of rocker and under fenders

Installed some VKS pre-runner sliders too but didn’t take any pics of the install

0 Likes

August - September 2017

Started prepping for Moab trip in October

My JCR skid had been bent and re-bent a couple times so it was time to beef it up.

Had the brilliant idea of somehow attaching my old Skid Row engine skid from the TJ to my JCR skid. Without access to a welder it was time to ghetto fab this thing:

A little cutting, a few holes, and some half inch bolts…

Frankenskid!

EVO HD crossmember (took longer to get all the packing peanuts out then it did to install)

Pretty much the best driveshaft you can buy

Installed some Metal Cloak correction wedges in the rear, spring spacers in the front, as well as a raised track bar mount. Then changed the diff fluid and put in some shiny new bolts to match the MC stuff.

Built a new floor for the cargo area. Was thinking a completely flat surface would be better for packing/un-packing all the gear for the Moab trip. Bonus was a more comfortable place to sleep.

Finally, I had some new wheels installed. Steelies with 4.25" backspacing to cure the tire rub I had with the OEM wheels and spacers.

Hula girl thanks to Trailsteak

0 Likes

Rock Krawler X-Factor Long Arm kit:

Welding the rear truss

painted and installed

February 2018

Put in some new ball joints on Presidents Day. Ended up needing the oversized lowers, had them sent overnight and finished up the job Tuesday evening. Big thanks to Tayt for hooking me up with some Amsoil grease.

March 2018

Exhaust re-routed for new front control arm mounts

Grinding and welding and cutting and more grinding…

3 link set-up in the rear

Finished the rear

Will get the front installed tomorrow and then I need to find a day to cycle the suspension and see what hits where and then I’m sure there will be more cutting and grinding.

Still on the list of things to install are:

• Artec rear track bar bracket to replace the MC one that does not work with the rear truss
  • Artec front raised track bar bracket
  • Drag link flip
  • Steering box
  • Long travel shocks
0 Likes

March 4th 2018

Front is done

March 26th 2018

New-to-me springs and shocks:

Still a long list of shit to get done:

Artec rear track bar bracket to replace the MC one that does not work with the rear truss
Artec front raised track bar bracket
Drag link flip
Steering box
Long travel shocks
add 1" bumpstop
longer brake lines
remove/replace rear legs on the sliders

0 Likes

April 2nd, 2018

Cut the rear legs off of the sliders yesterday, and took off the rocker skins. Painting shit today to get ready for mall crawling season.

April 24th, 2018

Welded on the new rear track bar bracket weekend before last. Welds are the best I have done but the bracket is slightly crooked so I’m not going to post pics. You guys can make fun of me when you see it in person. Shit works so suck it!

Had plans to install the Artec raised front track bar bracket and Drag link flip this past weekend but the Synergy flip adapter grew legs and ran away. New one is on order but I will not be able to install it before Oakridge this weekend. Since we still had a few hours for wrenching, Michael and I decided to install my apollointech switch pod and then add another inch of bumpstop. Installed my KCs yesterday after work…

May 12th, 2018

Put this in today

Thanks to Golembe and Crawford for the help!

May 15th, 2018

Had the Oil cooler/Filter housing leak. Took it to the Fair Oaks Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep yesterday morning and it was replaced under the drive train warranty. Had it back by lunch time.

June 26th, 2018

Finally got the ram installed and also trashed the Ebay fenders and reinstalled/cut the factory ones

After a long break…

March 2019

Franken Skid Redux

removed additional skid layer to flatten

Adding some DOM tubing to increase strength:

Shitty welds

Painted up

0 Likes

I’ve been having some handling issues fully loaded and on the highway with the 3-link rear. With the long drive to Moab just 6 weeks away I decided to try out the Hellwig rear swaybar.

Much flatter in the corners. Hopefully it flexes enough to keep it.

0 Likes

This is the end of this build thread. Sold the Jeep today :cry:

0 Likes

oh my, well did you buy a prius??

0 Likes

Chevy Volt

0 Likes