John's Rubicon 2.0

trail

Installed a Currie Antirock and chopped off the crash bar/frame tusks last week

0 Likes

Looks good

0 Likes

PSC installed but it was not without its problems. Fought some leaks and other issues from a hasty install. Since I was going out of town for a week reluctantly dropped it at a shop to have them button everything up.

0 Likes

How you like the Antirock?

0 Likes

Sorry Bill, never saw this response. Like the antirock. I really don’t notice it on-road anymore and offroad I feel like it’s more stable when off camber.

0 Likes

Replaced the passenger side unit bearing (at only 11k miles). Fusion tie rod, cmm clamp, new ram, and replaced PSC cooler. No more leaks but still getting some noise from the system at full lock or when the steering is bound up in the rocks.

1 Like

Looks :fire: John! That aluminum rod is sexy

0 Likes

Relocated the rear shocks with the MC brackets and cut about an inch off of the rear CA brackets:

Since the control arm brackets no longer had their original shape I had to cut and bend the Artec skids to fit

Finished product after grinding down my shitty welds (upside down welding on the garage floor sucks!)

Big tanks to Michael for all his help and welding on the front skids

2 Likes

Good work with the welder boys!

0 Likes

Looks great!! What other rig do I see in the background?

0 Likes

That’s Michael’s

1 Like

Nice work

0 Likes

Latest additions:

Work done by @BullRunMike

• 5.13 gears
  • Clayton control arms
  • Spacer in PSC ram (was too long and causing issues)

And

2 Likes

Looks good!

0 Likes

Nice, John.

0 Likes

Good shit

0 Likes

John do you still have Synergy drag link or did you switch that to Fusion also?

0 Likes

Synergy. Smaller diameter keeps it away from the frame when flipped.

0 Likes

Yeah I went back to the steersmarts DL to get more clearance on my ram

0 Likes

Went to Michael’s this morning and had him weld my Steer Smarts raised track bar bracket to the OEM bracket and also added a gusset. The bracket had been flexing with the steering ram mounted to it. Also removed the ram tabs and welded a new set a little higher than the old one’s.

Replaced the Metal Cloak track bars with Yeti XD front/rear and added a Synergy rear track bar brace. The front brace is on back order and will hopefully be shipped next week as I found that the hole on the front OEM bracket has been wallowed out a little bit.

3 Likes