Julio's 2013 JKUR

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition, AEV bumpers, Warn 8000 winch, 3.5" AEV lift, C gussets, trussed, sleeved D44s with 4.88s and elockers, 37" Nitto Grapplers on Level 8 wheels and full Rock Hard skids.

When it was new to me on 2014:

3.5" AEV lift:

Still with 33"

Regears, trussed, sleeved and Cs:

Tailgate table by Chris:

ARB dual compressor mounted on reclaimed evaporator bracket:

37" Nitto Grapplers:

MOAB!!!

2 Likes

Hey Julio - nice build. I’m on a similar track with my JK and wondering if you did anything with the brakes to handle those 37s.

0 Likes

Yeah I went with the Teraflex big brake kit in the front. Only high quality metallic pads in the rear.
Make sure you break any new pads in by doing 2-3 brake to the floor stops from 50mph and then drive around to let them cool off.

0 Likes

Good to know! I have a front big brake kit waiting for install but didn’t want to shell out the $$$ to do the rear as well. I’ve heard that power stop rear pads n rotors will suffice. Whose rear pads did you go with and do you feel that it balanced things out? No nose dive?

0 Likes

I used the best that Napa had. Stops pretty well with no nose dive.
Breaking them in correctly is a big deal.

0 Likes

Yup -I’m familiar with break in. I try to get out on the road stupid early following a brake job so that I don’t freak anyone out repeatedly hard braking at various speeds.

0 Likes

Lol. I know what you mean.

0 Likes