Rausch! Sept 8-10 (formerly GER)

@club_members

Let’s hit RAUSCH (Formerly GER) September 8-10 Fri-Sun.

Plan to drive up Friday, maybe wheel half day?, camp, wheel Saturday, camp, drive home Sunday morning.

We’ll be running red and black trails. Recommended rigs mods are 37s and up, front and rear lockers, winch, skids, armor, etc…

$70 wheeling per day, $60 yearly membership
Passengers are $25 each (the $25 is waived the day a passenger pays for their membership)

1. Josh :white_check_mark:
  2. Jersey JP✅
  3. Winchester✅
  4. Julio✅
  5. Chad D. :white_check_mark:

Maybes
7. JP (granitecreep) ??

0 Likes

Question- b/c I snagged a VA4WD Fall Run ticket (just in case) and probably would have to pick between doing GER with you guys or doing Fall Run the next weekend (its 15-16th?): is Fall Run basically like dozens of vehicles all abilities / traffic jam doing one trail (jeep jamboree style)? In the OCC club someone described it sort of that way. I usually like smaller groups with mostly people who know what they’re doing. I can always sell the ticket.

1 Like

Yep I believe it def can be a long line of rigs, occasional traffic jams, etc. depends on the trail guide sometimes but depends on a lot of factors. The spring event is better, good raffle, both more of an “event” than a wheeling day. Not many rocks…

2 Likes

Got it. I’m in for GER in Sept.

1 Like

You’re on the list, tks JP

0 Likes

I’m in for both GER 9/8-10 and Oakridge on 9/15-17.
I think VA4WDA’s September run is better because they have 100% control on the groups and trails compared to the Spring run which is shared with Wheelin4Hope.
With that said, there will be backups if any of the line leaders make a mistake on the trail, but VA4WDA had received alot of negative feedback on delays and have done a lot of training and comms improvements to minimize issues.
The raffle on Saturday night is awesome, with 3-5 sets of tires (35" and 37"), around 10 Warn winches, a couple of ARB fridges, and many other items.
They only have a few hard obsticles, but there are 5 nice water crossing and the trails are nice.
This is one of my favorite trail therapy trips!

0 Likes

Wish I could make it to GER. I am already signed up for the VA4WDA ride on Sept 15.

0 Likes

I’d like to do both too but I think the big boss will deny that request.

1 Like

pinned #9
0 Likes

@club_members This ride is cancelled at least for GER on this date. Management called and advised a horse event will have horses all over the trails and it will Not be enjoyable. Let’s head somewhere else, standby for now.

0 Likes

@club_members may as well make use of that Rauch membership…same dates Sept 8-10 since we were all free that weekend, confirm you are still in for Rausch as well plz…tks

0 Likes

I’m in

1 Like

In for Saturday

0 Likes

The big boss may have reclaimed these dates from me. Won’t know for certain until I’m back from this work trip.

1 Like