Jeep pulls to the left, need help diagnosing

help

After putting on the larger 37" tires Jeep now pulls to the left at low and highway speeds. This didn’t happen after the lift install with 35" tires.

Did some diagnosis to see if it was radial tire issues and it wasn’t that. Swapped front tires, still pulled left. Then swapped rear tires and still pulled left.

Will be getting alignment from Pepboys tomorrow, will post the results.

0 Likes

Did you have an alignment done after you installed the lift kit?

As long as you measured the arms correctly it should be fine but since you are having a problem I would recommend having an alignment done. Post of the alignment sheet afterwards.

0 Likes

Might need to adjust track bar. But like John said, get an alignment first.

Could also be air pressure in the tires. What pressure you running? You should probably be at like 28lbs in each tire. Maybe 30 tops in those Cooper 37s.

0 Likes

Got them down to 26 cold, these are the Yoko Geolandar G003 37x12.5E17 D rated

0 Likes

Oh, yeah forgot. Still should be around the same, but sounds like you have it covered. You don’t have a fox air stabilizer shock do you?

0 Likes

Nope, just a rough country one, that was in there before the tire upgrade.

0 Likes

It did not pull with the previous tires and your lift kit correct? This is developed after installing the 37s??

0 Likes

Correct , it did NOT pull after the lift with 35" tires.

I’ve gone the garage toe alignment, 1/8"

Did some centering of the front body, 1/4" more toward the driver side. Didn’t mess with the rear trackbar, it’s pretty even

0 Likes

I’ve read that some tires might have a “radial pull”. Specifically have read that it is common with Nitto tires.

I don’t think it’s a trackbar issue as it should still track straight if it’s off a little bit. Still possible that it is another issue with alignment, or that driver side tire has slightly lower tire pressure than the passenger side.

0 Likes

Also, is your steering wheel out of alignment? That happens when you wheel sometimes. Alignment will fix.

0 Likes

Steering wheel is centered and tire pressures are equal all around.

Just dropped it off at Pepboys, they weren’t that confident that the Jeep would fit on their alignment rack. They’re gonna try tho, so hopefully we’ll know what’s up in a couple hours

0 Likes

If it still pulls after this, swap the front tires and see if it changes anything

0 Likes

Yeah that was the first thing I tried, thinking it was the new tires themselves, but it didn’t change anything.

I followed this procedure from tire rack

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=12

0 Likes

Well shit. Make sure you get the alignment printout. Doubt they will adjust your control arms so you will want a reference point for adjustments.

0 Likes

Whelp, Pepboys said the “heads” wouldn’t stay on the tires, so they couldn’t do the alignment.

Anyone know of a shop in MD or DC area that will do 37s?

0 Likes

Have never had that issue getting an alignment. How far are you from Winchester?

https://chaosfabshop.com/

Or out here in Chantilly there is

https://hightechautoandtruck.com/

0 Likes

Winchester is far for me. Just found Tire World up in Frederick MD, taking the Jeep there now.

0 Likes

So not good news, right front camber is out of spec, -0.9. Bent axle housing?

Toe and steering wheel were all over the place too, but they fixed those.

0 Likes

Honestly not sure how bad that is. Doubt your housing is bent already. Could be ball joint or they just didn’t get a correct reading on that side.

Not that it will fix your issue but you could probably get that caster to 5 degrees.

0 Likes

Did some googling. Found a couple people say that there JKs were out of spec like that from the factory. Not much on JLs yet. Not convinced that’s your problem yet.

0 Likes